Recipe for Almond Coconut Nog
You can try using cashews, macadamia nuts or coconut mylk to replace the almonds.
1/2 cup organic non-irradiated almonds, soaked overnight or for 8 hours in filtered water
1 1/2 cup filtered water
1/2 cup coconut milk (non-lite version)
2.5 tbsp healthy sweetener (e.g. maple syrup or raw honey)
1/4 tsp green stevia (I recommend Suede Hills Organic Green Stevia)**
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp vanilla (pref raw vanilla bean powder)
pinch sea salt
2 bananas (optional for extra creaminess)
3/4 tsp turmeric powder (optional for yellowish egg-like colour and liver health)
*If you want to keep this raw, simply replace the canned coconut milk with raw young thai coconut milk.
**If you don't use the green stevia, you may need to add more sweetener.
Garnish: Cinnamon and/or Nutmeg
Optional for Almond Nog Chia Pudding
1 tbsp chia seeds for 1 cup of Almond Nog
(1) Soak 1/2 cup almonds for 8 – 12 hours or overnight in filtered water.
(2) Rinse almonds well and combine in blender with 1 1/2 cups filtered water. Blend for 1 –2 minutes until well mixed.
(3) To separate nut grounds from the mylk, strain almond mylk mixture into a large bowl using a cheese cloth, fine mesh produce bag or fine mesh strainer.
(5) Pour almond mylk into blender with coconut milk, sweetener, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, green stevia and sea salt. Optional to add banana and turmeric. Blend until smooth. Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
(6) Optional to now add 1 tbsp of chia seeds to create an Almond Nog Chia Pudding. Let chia seeds soak in mixture until they become a tapioca-like consistency.
of Everyday Healthy and Get the GLOW!