Tip #2 LOVE Versatile Basic White Bean Dip
Left: Basic White Bean Dip with Dehydrated Yam Chips and Purple Saurkraut.
This past spring, I have been loving Basic White Bean Dip. This simple concoction can be transformed into what seems like unlimited possibilities. Here are a few ideas that I came up with using ingredients from my Everyday Pantry Shopping List.
Basic White Bean Dip
1 1/2 cups white beans (navy, great northern or cannellini)
2 garlic cloves (using organic makes a HUGE difference for taste!)
sun dried sea salt to taste
(1) Blend together in food processor. Ta da! Store in a glass container in your fridge.
Consider doubling or tripling this recipe to use throughout the week. Bean dip keeps for 4 days in the fridge.
White Beans LOVE...Rosemary & Basil
1 cup basic white bean base
1 tsp basil, dried
2 tsp rosemary, dried
2 - 3 tbsp olive oil
Left: Basic White Bean Dip Stuffed into Artichokes with Mint Leaf Garnish
(1) Mix dried herbs into basic white bean dip and there you have it. Or discover your own inner everyday chef and create your own dried herb elixir. If you have fresh basil on hand, you can blend this herb into the creamy dip for yet another delish variation.
Ideas to Use Basic White Bean Dip with Variety During the Week
- Stuff into artichokes, lettuce leaves and topped with fresh basil and carrot.
- Dip with fresh veggies or my favourite ~ dehydrated yam chips and saurkraut. Psst...saurkraut contains a ton of enzymes that will improve your digest and give your skin GLOW.
Remember Cumin LOVES...Swiss Chard and Avocados
- Spread on two pieces of toasted whole grain gluten-free bread, drizzle with olive oil, top with avocados, cumin and sauteed spring liver loving veggie swiss chard. In this version I blended some shredded affordable carrot with the dip and it was yum! Cumin is one of those spices to always have on hand ~ it helps with digestion and is versatile! Oh and carrots also really LOVE...cumin. See why I am in love? ;-) That is why cumin is on the Everyday Pantry Shopping List :-) And remember, toasted tastes better.
White Beans LOVE..Green Liver Loving Veggies
White Beans LOVE...Nutritional Yeast
2 cups basic white bean dip
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 cup water
1 organic vegetarian broth cube (my favourite brand is New Harvest)
1/4 tsp turmeric and sea salt to taste
Above: Plant-Based Hollondaise Sacue with Steamed Asparagus, Fresh Parsley, Olive Oil and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
(1) Blend basic white bean dip, olive oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and turmeric together in a mixing bowl or food processor.
(2) Heat water and soup stock on medium heat on a stove top and stir in your basic white bean dip that is blended with seasoning.
(3) Pour over your favourite green veggies. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper, fresh herbs like basil or parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil.
There are many many other uses for this versatile dip ~ it is up to you to discover your own Inner Everyday Whole Foods Chef.
Psssst....White Beans LOVE..artichokes,balsamic vinegar, broccoli,carrots, cayenne, coriander, cumin, ginger, lettuce, tomatoes, thyme, oregano, onions, rosemary, pasta.
These are all flavours from...guess where? If you know my style, then you then you will have most likely guessed the Everyday Pantry Shopping List and Spring Produce Shopping List! Learning the art of pairing whole foods deliciously with your everyday ingredients tis the Secret to making your path to GLOWing wellness simply delicious.
~ Julie Beyer is a Whole Foods Chef and Instructor in Vancouver BC and is currently studying to become a Registered Holistic Nutritionist. Join Julie Beyer on her journey to discover how to apply the 5 Secrets for Convenient, Quick, Easy, Delicious and Affordable of Everyday Healthy. You can find Julie Beyer's For the Love of Food on Facebook and Twitter for regular tips on healthy eating, nutrition, recipes and more.