Left: Basic White Bean Dip with Dehydrated Yam Chips and Purple Sauerkraut.
This past spring, I have been loving Basic White Bean Dip. This simple concoction can be transformed into what seems like unlimited possibilities. Here are a few ideas that I came up with using ingredients from my Everyday Pantry Shopping List.
Basic White Bean Dip
1 1/2 cups white beans (navy, great northern or cannelloni)
2 garlic cloves (using organic makes a HUGE difference for taste!)
Sun dried sea salt to taste
(1) Blend together in food processor. Ta da! Store in a sealed glass container in your fridge.
Consider doubling or tripling this recipe to use throughout the week. Bean dips keep for 4 days in the fridge.
White Beans LOVE...Rosemary & Basil
1 cup basic white bean base
1 tsp basil, dried
2 tsp rosemary, dried
2 - 3 tbsp olive oil
(1) Mix dried herbs into basic white bean dip and there you have it. Or discover your own inner everyday chef and create your own dried herb elixir. If you have fresh basil on hand, you can blend this herb into the creamy dip for yet another delicious variation.
Left: Basic White Bean Dip Stuffed into Artichokes with Mint Leaf Garnish
- Stuff into artichokes, lettuce leaves and top with fresh basil and carrot.
- Dip with fresh veggies, or my favourite, dehydrated yam chips and sauerkraut. Sauerkraut contains a ton of enzymes that will improve your digestion and give your skin that GLOW.
Apply the bean spread on two pieces of toasted whole grain gluten-free bread, drizzle with olive oil, top with avocados, cumin and sautéed spring liver loving veggie, Swiss chard. In this version I blended some shredded affordable carrot with the dip and it was delectable! Cumin is one of those spices to always have on hand ~ it helps with digestion and is versatile! Carrots also really LOVE cumin. See why I am in love? This is why cumin is on the Everyday Pantry Shopping List (and remember, toasted tastes better).
Hollandaise Sauce for Spring and Summer Green Veggies
White Beans LOVE...Nutritional Yeast
2 cups basic white bean dip
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 cup water
1 organic vegetarian broth cube (my favourite brand is New Harvest)
1/4 tsp turmeric and sea salt to taste
(1) Blend basic white bean dip, olive oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and turmeric together in a mixing bowl or food processor.
(2) Heat water and soup stock on medium heat on a stove top and stir in your basic white bean dip that is blended with seasoning.
(3) Pour over your favourite green veggies. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper, fresh herbs like basil or parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Above: Plant-Based Hollandaise Sauce with Steamed Asparagus, Fresh Parsley, Olive Oil and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
There are many other uses for this versatile dip ~ it is up to you to discover your own inner everyday whole foods chef.
White Beans LOVE artichokes, balsamic vinegar, broccoli, carrots, cayenne, coriander, cumin, ginger, lettuce, tomatoes, thyme, oregano, onions, rosemary, and pasta.
These are all flavours from...guess where? If you know my style, then you then you will have most likely guessed the Everyday Pantry Shopping List and Spring Produce Shopping List! Learning the art of pairing whole foods deliciously with your everyday ingredients is the secret to making your path to GLOWing wellness simple and delicious.